Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

1992-My next step, going public

After my very modest "debut". Hubby and I moved from Edmonton, Ab. (Canada) to Mexico City DF.(Mexico)after spending some times learning my Spanish surviving basic, dolls came back quickly in mind. I had brought from Canada some naked ladies who were crying for new cloth. Fabric is fabulous in Mexico and quickly I bought a brain new sewing machine and started right away to dress my dolls.
A friend of mine invited me at her daughter' school for a charity event. I did most of my sale in Canada this way so, I didn't hesitate. I dressed some twenty dolls (Barbie and clones)and went to the event.
How very surprised I was to see how quick the sales went! and the next year I had to come back with more wedding dresses as the little girls in Mexico could not  imagine their doll without this unique and indispensable garment this time as well the table was empty at the end of the day
here are some pics of fashion made in Mexico.


















Time period  Mexico City 1992-94.

No comments:

Post a Comment